Exposing local instance
There are situations when you would like to expose your local environment to external clients, for example:
- Show your project to the manager.
- Integrate with the new payment gateway, which requires a return URL.
- Test the app deployed in the cloud.
To achieve that, you need a service for redirecting the traffic. Such service is delivered by ngrok and localtunnel. Both are great for our use case, and you can choose any of those services.
- Append ngrok URL to
- Start Saleor on your machine.
- Follow ngrok installation guide.
- Start a tunnel in your command line
ngrok http 8000.
- Your server is now exposed under ngrok domain (for example: http://92832de0.ngrok.io). Copy that address.
- Enter ngrok URL at Site Settings configuration.